Gaea Delivers Successful Cost Controls
Project managers and business executives require reliable cost forecasting, enabled by insight into actuals to date, changes, trends, and risks over time. Executives must also consider the capital required for near, and longer-term, future. This kind of foresight requires comprehensive and accurate reporting and analysis.
Funds management is especially important for capital projects, each of which can have multiple funding sources, and each source with its own unique management rules. Careful management of each type of funding is necessary to avoid project delays, penalties, and funding termination.
Gaea knows that all this information must be managed not only on an individual project basis, but across your organization’ entire portfolio of projects and contracts.
From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
Our cost controls team has extensive, intimate experience with the specific processes that your business depends on every day. We analyze what you’re doing now, what’s working well (and what isn’t), and we recommend best practices for moving forward with maximum efficiency and minimum risk. Our ability to comprehend and assess your organization’s unique processes and needs is unparalleled, and enables us to quickly deliver a tailored-fit solution.
Oracle Primavera Unifier Project Controls
Gaea recommends Oracle Primavera Unifier Project Controls for cost controls and more. Unifier Project Controls is a powerful, easy-to-use solution for managing project portfolios, controlling costs, and managing collaboration and communication across projects. The portfolio management provides planners and project execution personnel a common platform for the collaborative management of project portfolios to ensure the most efficient use of capital funds. Cost management provides automation, flexibility, and the power to handle the most complex cost control, cash flow, and fund analyses. Project collaboration provides configurable business workflow to capture and record all aspects of documentation required during project execution.
- Prioritize investments to maximize return
- Ensure efficient use of available capital funds
- Configure and automate business processes to match corporate workflow needs
- Enforce business rules for budgeting, commits, funding and for compliance and routing of documents
- Manage a single project, an entire portfolio, or next year’s plans
- Achieve immediate visibility into problem areas
- Plan ahead for each contract, line item, or cost code
- Gain visibility into balances, disposition, and status of each funding source
- Reduce management time spent securing funding and grants
- Fulfill governance and regulatory reporting and auditing requirements
“Gaea’s excellent staff solved long-outstanding issues with our existing Unifier implementation, enabling us to adopt our Unifier business processes very quickly. As a result, we have seen significant increases in efficiency and improvements to our organization processes. We highly recommend Gaea for any Unifier implementation, and extra kudos to their impressive support team!”
– Krishna Chava, DTE Energy, Senior IT Project Manager
“Gaea has been great to work with, mindful of how to best leverage a limited budget and perform on an aggressive timeline. Their attention to our needs stayed vigilant even after getting us live in production, helping to sort out system quirks and to provide one-on-one online how-to sessions as requested.”
– Jessica Duffy, UC Merced, Program Manager – Capital Projects, Business and Financial Strategic Initiatives
(click any screen to expand)